Here in the Philippines we have a very large number of companies that are doing BPO for various process types from Call Centers to Back office data entry, and much much more.
Today I want to discuss BPO of Social Media Management. That's one way of saying what we do at O4BO.
It is not unusual for companies to outsource their social media. SocialFresh says that 57% of social marketers, at major brands, are doing all their social advertising in-house. So even the major brands are outsourcing 43% of their social media.
At the same time most companies including SMEs are looking at the hundreds of millions of users of social media and planning on increasing their efforts on social media in 2019. (according to recent survey by American Express very enlightening actually)
So let's look at the reasons why companies of any size might be considering outsourcing their social media management.
Work Smarter not work harder!
Applied to social media management:
- Top social media talent is expensive and relatively rare;
- The social media management roles are time consuming
- Strategies and tactics change rapidly
- The skills needed may be considered common when they are really specialists, like SEO, Syndication of content, audience development, etc.
Internal teams may have road blocks they do not anticipate and combined with the above may lead to low productivity and missed opportunities.
So how do you choose a social media outsourcing partner?
You go shopping of course, who, what, how and where are all factors.
- First know what YOU want to achieve then look for someone that can help you achieve it.
- Then decide what you want them to do for you? All of it, or just the delivery, or what? Perhaps you want to manage the content but let them handle the plumbing and analysis.
- Decide what you will measure success Key Performance Indicators and reports you will want.
- Who will be responsible on your end and who on the outsourcing side as well as their knowledge of your market all key factors in success.
- Ask lots of questions. Do they have current clients in your market? Will you be comfortable having the same company handling your competition? Do they have a unique platform that meets your goals? Check out their current output for yourself?
- Get recommendations for current customers.
- Learn what you can about what they do and why they do it and how you can judge their success.
So the big question is why should you consider the BPO of your social media? Here are the benefits of choosing the right outsourcing partner:
- COSTS - Compared to hiring a team with all the skills and experience and current demonstrable success, hiring a BPO can be much more cost effective. People with these skills and experience are high value and are not likely to be looking for a job. With O4BO we have the skills and experience and your cost is far less than hiring just one full time IT employee. Other cost savings can come from: Ad Buying; Software Tools and hosting; Photography; Graphic Artists; Video capture and production.
- PROVEN SYSTEMS - The right social media management BPO will have the latest tools and ecosystems in place to reduce workload and improve the time to market for ads and content. We have talked about our ecosystem in a previous blog and our tools are open for people to see at http://open4businessonline.com/tools
- TIME SAVED - we hear it all the time, I don't have time....usually and excuse why they won't look for better ways of doing thins. But in this case hiring a BPO for social media management will save you time figuring out hos to do it yourself or at least save the time of your existing employees spent on doing something they may only be marginally good at. Right Sourcing is another way of putting it, let your people do what they do best and hire a BPO to do the rest.
- SPECIALTY SKILL SETS - almost without saying it a BPO for social media will have the following skill sets that you will have a hard time duplicating internally. These are:
- Audience development
- Content Curation
- Visual Thinking
- Advertising Certifications, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, etc.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Its not just keywords any more.
So it BPO of your Social Media right for you? If so then I hope you give us a thorough look using the criteria we describe above and we wish you luck.