I am a consultant to a large enterprise with an IT staff over 100, and they are all working to make the software they wrote or bought work to meet the needs of that organization. Even they are looking for ways to do it better, to reduce costs and improve agility.
The big companies need to be cost effective, just like any company, but their size makes the choices broader.
Small businesses in the past pretty much had to find something that was "close" and work around the faults and shortcomings procedurally, many times with manual processes or just doing without a feature.
Times are changing. The big companies are finding that a Service Oriented Architecture can foster reuse and agility. The days of many point to point integrations via a proprietary API are numbered and the use of an Enterprise Service Bus is replacing them. Small businesses that use Software as a Service (SaaS) are actually doing the same thing. Most SaaS solutions are Service Oriented already and some are even using a Web Services API for integration, such as SalesForce.com and others.
Open Source is also adding momentum to Small Businesses customizing and integrating software to provide solutions that meet their needs. With Open Source software it costs much less to add a new feature or behavior or to integrate two solutions to provide very customized solutions.
We at O4BO are embracing that need in several ways to provide Small Businesses cost effective custom and customized solutions that are world class by themselves and even better when integrated. Here is a short list of what we can do:
- Software as a Service - Subscribe to the following solutions that are ALREADY integrated:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Accounting Systems
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Enterprise Content Management
- Enterprise Service Bus
- Context Aware Rules Engine (CARE)
- Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Integration Platform as a Service (IPaaS) - Whether you subscribe to any of our SaaS solutions or not, you can avail yourself of our Integration Platform as a Service all by itself. Here is what you get:
- Context Aware Rules Engine - Service Oriented Rules Engine for dynamic data driven event processing.
- Enterprise Service Bus - The leading ESB that is available as a Service.
- WorkXpress - The Rapid Application Development platform for building custom solutions and integrate those with existing solutions.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) - Even if you don't use our SaaS software or our Integration Platform, we offer Infrastructure as a Service on several Cloud platforms including IBM Smart Cloud and Profitbricks. What you get with out IaaS:
- Managed Services in the cloud, including your cpu, installed software, database and backups, nothing for you to do, except use what you need.
- Your software installed on a Virtual Server in a secure data center in a managed way, not just a rack in a server room that is vulnerable.
- You can mix and match, using our services along with your own software on your own Cloud.
These are all affordable by Small Businesses, with prices lower than the cost of buying your own hardware and hiring ONE IT person to manage it for you and do the customization and integration you need.