Anyone that knows me and many that have hired me, know that I have been preaching a Service Oriented Architecture since well before that phrase was coined. Back in the 1990s I called it a Loosely Coupled Component Framework. At O4BO a Service Oriented Architecture is alive and well. All our applications either have or we are adding web services accessors. We have integrated Mule ESB and will be expanding that. We will be migrating all our applications to DB2 PureXML with its “Universal Services” where DB2 publishes REST or SOAP web services to any PureXML table. Our Liferay Portal leverages REST and JSF in the Portlets we are creating. All our Applications are Truly Multi-Tenant and Truly Integrated such that a single transaction can be applied across systems in a tenant specific workflow.
That's where we are today, and while we are working to enhance literally all of that, we are also looking over the horizon and I wanted to share some of that with you.
With all the applications we have integrated, and can integrate with Mule ESB, we foresee that some of our subscribers may want something different. Not all companies are alike and not all systems can handle those differences without customization. So O4BO will be working with our partners to do per tenant customizations, situational applications, mashups, and orchestration of workflows and even whole new applications that are designed and developed on the O4BO platform with NOTHING to install or maintain (except your monthly subscription payments please).
Here is a sampling:
- You will be able to write your own Mule workflow, upload it to our mule server and run it, just for your business, and it can integrate data and transactions with your existing/legacy applications or trading partners.
- You will be able to write jBPM workflows that can be uploaded and executed as part of either our existing workflows (we will be publishing the APIs), or your own Mule application above.
- If you have an application you developed in Spring (MVC or JSF) you will be able to deploy it and run it as part of your subscription (for a very small hosting fee).
- We have modified Spring MVC and Spring JSF to make the execution of and mapping of events completely dynamic and tenant specific. That means that any application running in our environment can be tailored to meet the needs of our customers not by changing application code but by changing the event handling within the applications themselves (white paper coming). This new capability will be called O4Spring...watch for it before Spring.
- The same capabilities of O4Spring will be extended to include any MVC based application.
- Lastly, we will be integrating Wavemaker, and with it you will be able to write your own sophisticated situational and entirely new applications from scratch right in your O4BO Portal.
When we say, “Not one size fits all” we mean it.